Monday, December 1, 2008

Martians read the Caravan

Sunday morning I arrived to class a bit late. I couldn't help it.

It was delightful to cross the courtyard under the Department of Biology. Trees had been planted. Finally!! Continuing to the next courtyard with a great smile pasted on my face, I noticed that different trees had been planted here (more on the trees of both courtyards later).
Then my eye caught something else. Right there, emerging from the roots of the trees: four green figures. Obviously sentient creatures, capable of communicating with each other and of reading a newspaper. "Welcome friendly beings! Are you visiting us from planet Mars?" (Just in case you were not aware - all aliens from Mars are green).
We managed to converse in the same tongue, I was given permissions to photograph them, to post their pictures online and to send them to the Caravan (the pictures, not the creatures). It turned out that they were green primates, members of the species Homo sapiens, clad in their green DDC working attire. They were reading the Caravan.

No comments: